[AusNOG] Authoritative list of Australian IP Blocks

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at arbor.net
Tue Jul 22 15:12:01 EST 2014

On Jul 22, 2014, at 12:02 PM, James Mcintosh <james.mcintosh at rocketmail.com> wrote:

> - All Aussie visitors to my web app need to get redirected (probably using htaccess) to a different sign up page than all other countries.

There's no way to use automation to ensure that this is 100% accurate.

Probably the least offensive approach would be to ask new users where they're located, and then redirect them based upon their answers, and then store cookies for their subsequent accesses.

Out of curiosity, why is it that you believe users located in Australia should be treated different than users in other countries?

And does this supposition apply to 'all people who happen to be in Australia at any given moment', or to 'Australian citizens/residents, no matter where in the world they happen to be at the time they access the Web site'?

                   Equo ne credite, Teucri.

    		   	  -- Laocoön