[AusNOG] Netflix in AU, break up Go4, or TPG peering breakup?

Joshua D'Alton joshua at railgun.com.au
Tue Jul 22 00:33:19 EST 2014

"It's 2014. Why is the Go4 so important to you?"

Because our government has decided to hinder this country for the next 20
years+++. Until the majority of consumers bow to the popular demand, we
will be left with Telstra as forever the last mile and therefore the ones
in control.

Telstra is and will likely be for years to come the majority provider in
AU, even if Optus TPG and iiNet were to align against them. Ironically
Telstra doesn't care about domestic or internatinal transit, they care
purely about the last mile, which they will seem to likely perpetually own

Everyone can see what is happening to USA internet, will we be so blind as
to what happens to ours? Including those who voted liberal??

Not the opinion of my company etc et al, purely personal philosophical
interests!