[AusNOG] Netflix in AU, break up Go4, or TPG peering breakup?

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Mon Jul 21 23:14:41 EST 2014

The Go4 make up a lot of AU user base and if they were forced onto a public IX, those who do host content can get easier connectivity to them.

With that being the case, yes it would effectively kill the domestic transit market, which I noted in some way in my original post, but could be a major benefit to the industry as a whole, minus a few feeling the pain of the lost market.

Again, and especially after this conversation, I agree there are more in depth issues that need to be considered but my initial comment was based mostly on the idea of a network operator only having to worry about purchasing international, and maintaining peering.

--
Sent from my Android device with Pigeon.