[AusNOG] How to get onto Telstra L3?

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Mon Jul 21 17:46:05 EST 2014

Hi Guys,

Apologies, I know this post as an end-user is not quite with the list
charter, but I'm quite frustrated and not sure where to turn now..

At our office, we have TID ADSL.  And at Equinix we have transit through an
Equinix customer.  We've just had a /22 allocated from Apnic, and it was
working until 10am yesterday.  Then it disappeared from domestic via
Equinix.  (So at the moment anything not on peering is coming via Black
Lotus)

A ticket raised via our upstream to Equinix basically came back with
Equinix saying 'we can see the prefix from you and it's being sent to
Telstra'.  So I thought 'Hey, we're also a Telstra customer, lets open a
ticket!'.  I opened a ticket at 10am and have heard nothing since..  Just
phoned to chase up and got told 'it's pending test with Level 3.. I can't
do anything, maybe call tomorrow and see if the status has changed.'

That just seems really crap.. Is that for real?  Anyone know if it's
possible for TID customers can chase up a ticket which is sitting with
their Level 3 techs?  There must be some way surely?

(PS, prefix in question is 103.235.52.0/22)

Thanks,

Damien

--

Damien Gardner Jnr