[AusNOG] Netflix in AU, break up Go4, or TPG peering breakup?

ComKal Networks admin at comkal.com.au
Mon Jul 21 16:13:53 EST 2014

Hi Alex,

> I think real life example

I'm from Kalgoorlie, were the people dont wait for
governments to do things like build roads :o)

> The government build roads (and they should continue to).

Why should the government build roads ?

If there is a need, then free enterprise or a property
owner will build a road.

Miners, property owners, and many more have never
waited for government, though these days you have
to put in applications for planning approval.

Many roads are put in by property developers, then
the maintance is handed to local government were
the cost is wrapped into land owners rates.

If you make it governments responsibility, you
are simply making it more expensive to build
roads, not to mention the extra layers of paperwork
and delay.

With networking, I see no reason that government
should be involved except as the keeper and enforcer
of regulation that applies to all. Having the enforcer
also be the service provider is asking for trouble
somewhere down the line.

> It to the advantage of every one, and help business.
> Network access should be run by the government
> remove the commercial interest in locking people in etc etc

> Services should be what companies compete on, that's sort
> of the picture I saw when I read about the original NBN.
> Telstra should never have been allowed to take the
> copper into private land. When it was sold off

Why should I by my taxes pay for someone elses gain ?
It is easier for the person that wants those services
to pay for them, it's certainly a lot more direct.

Cheers
Ian Manners