[AusNOG] Netflix in AU, break up Go4, or TPG peering breakup?

Sam Silvester sam.silvester at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 15:51:53 EST 2014

Netflix aren't interested in the last mile, the Government doesn't need to
do anything for their service to Just Work here (it already does, for
anybody with Google search skills and an interest in using it. It's not
just technically savvy users, I can guarantee you).

So that leaves peering etc. If it's commercially sane for Netflix to put a
cache in to a given network, they will. Likewise, if it's commercially sane
for them to peer on an IX or locate CDN nodes in Sydney, they will.

The Government doesn't need to get involved. As Mark says - if it doesn't
make commercial sense to do either of the above, they'll just deliver via
the US. Easy.