[AusNOG] Netflix in AU, break up Go4, or TPG peering breakup?

Joshua D'Alton joshua at railgun.com.au
Sun Jul 20 09:56:46 EST 2014

It would make sense for netflix but somewhat expensive to join all those
(compared to openconnect program, or presenting at say just EQX/ASN.AU
NSW?), I detect a whiff of some interesting Netflix/MegaDirect/Megaport
partnership here, cheap for netflix and onus on the end ISPs to connect.
Not quite as big debacle or controversy as the US, halfway between in terms
of cost/effort for Netflix, perhaps?

Another company for the users is riot/LoL, and they are experiencing the
same massive growth netflix had/has, albeit riots approach seems to be to
build more and more PoPs, whereas netflix not so much. might turn out to be
more of a cloudflare than a... well not sure what another netflix is, most
companies tend to build pops? (perhaps with level3 handling all their
delivery, it made sense/didn't matter if netflix built pops? but now with
congestion issues, might have come back and bit them in the ass?)