[AusNOG] Identifying NBN NTD's for AAPT's NWB

Terry Sweetser terry+AusNOG at skymesh.net.au
Thu Jul 17 21:39:01 EST 2014

Tim,

Unfortunately, neither the NBNCo B2B or the Frontier portal have a
method for easily finding the NBN Location ID from the firmware version
of NTD serial number.

At SkyMesh, we've had to lodge a ticket with NBNCo to get the serial
number "found" and LOC ID from the address group.

For active services, we have access to the UNI-V port: lighting that up
gets the serial number from the TR-069 session -- only handy for a
confirmation of good or bad data.

(NWB does not let you order on the LOC ID, either, I just tried to do so
on spec.)

So, alas, no "best way" available at hand as yet.

http://about.me/terry.sweetser