[AusNOG] Village Roadshow confirms Netflix coming to Australia

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at eintellegonetworks.com
Tue Jul 15 16:41:17 EST 2014

Also,

I know there has been a lot of focus on Netflix here, but they aren't the
only massive player.  I also subscribe to Amazon Prime / Amazon Instant
Video (http://www.amazon.com/Instant-Video/b?node=2858778011) - which has a
lot of awesome content on it, especially originals which not many people
might have heard of in Australia (
https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1001155581).  Amazon also just
won the rights to the back catalogue of the TV series 24 which will do well
since the new series is being made.  Amazon also have their Amazon Fire TV
media player/console in the US (
http://techcrunch.com/video/hands-on-with-amazon-fire-tv/518181751/)

Amazon Originals I like.:

Alpha House (Like Veep)
Betas (better than Silicon Valley)
The After
Bosch

are some I've enjoyed so far.... and they are creating a lot more - a lot
more.

That said, Microsoft is creating content (
http://news.xbox.com/2014/04/ent-xbox-originals-unveil) including a Halo TV
show and movie.  I think they will be a big content player soon.  Be
interesting to see how that gets to us.

Yahoo have also announced two original TV series. (
http://www.theverge.com/2014/4/28/5662724/yahoo-announces-its-first-two-original-series-coming-in-2015
)

I am sure others will also be getting into the content game... seems like a
good time to be an actor or in production... I wonder when some Australian
original online content will come out.

That all said... was mainly to remind people that Netflix is one, but
Amazon could be here soon as well I guess - MMC? :)

...Skeeve

linkedin.com/in/skeeve

twitter.com/theispguy ; blog: www.theispguy.com

The Experts Who The Experts Call
Juniper - Cisco - Cloud - Consulting - IPv4 Brokering