[AusNOG] Village Roadshow confirms Netflix coming to Australia

Brent Paddon brent.paddon at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 15:32:47 EST 2014

Inbound from the 'net to the ISP's isn't really the issue.  If uptake from
the general public was good (ie it's not just replacing currently pirated
traffic - entirely new traffic), then - depending on who you are -
aggregation ports and/or bandwidth availability and cost out to exchanges
and on possibly already congested HFC paths would surely be the bigger
issue for this country.

I'm on a RIM at home, and peak time (eg movie watching time at night) is
normally under 1Mbps.  Everything buffers... even low bandwidth video on
youtube :(

Brent