[AusNOG] Black Lotus / AS32421

Cheyne Jonstone cjonstone at staff.ventraip.com
Mon Jul 14 00:01:52 EST 2014

Welcome Jeff. :)

Was great to catch up with you and the team again at HostingCon in Miami,
and I was so excited when Shaun came up to us shouting "WE'RE COMING TO
SYDNEY!!"... haha.

I know for a fact that there will be many more Australian networks coming
on board and I've fielded a number of enquiries in the past couple of weeks
so I think news is starting to spread.

For anybody wondering, we've been using Black Lotus since 2012 and I cannot
speak highly enough about the service itself and the team behind it. They
are a genuine bunch of highly skilled people who really know this stuff
inside and out, and what I like best about them is that DDoS mitigation and
network protection is their primary focus without any other distractions
going on within the company or sales targets of other products to meet or
miss which could potentially impact this part of the business. That's a
huge selling point for me as I am the kinda guy who never hires a handyman
to do a plumbers job.

It's been a long time since our network suffered from a DDoS related outage
and with their future expansion in to Sydney it will provide even better
local protection to all who use it.

Cheyne Jonstone | VentraIP Australia
*Executive Chairman*

phone. +61 3 9013 8461
usa. +1 (702) 949 2390

On Sun, Jul 13, 2014 at 9:28 PM, Peter Betyounan <
peter at serversaustralia.com.au> wrote:

> Welcome Jeff,
>
> Was great seeing the massive Blacklotus presence at HostingCon this year.
> We too have been cleaning all our international transit via Blacklotus and
> their network has successfully scrubbed all attacks seamlessly without our
> intervention. The support team is brilliant and I am sure many users of
> Blacklotus will agree with me.
>
> Cannot wait to see your local offering soon as too will many other
> Australian providers.
>
> Regards
> Peter
>

> On Sun, Jul 13, 2014 at 8:27 PM, Jeffrey Lyon <jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net
> > wrote:
>
>> AusNOG,
>>
>> I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself as the founder of Black
>> Lotus. As a DDoS mitigation provider which extensively services the
>> Australian market and is in the process of extending native
>> capabilities to the continent, the logical next step is for our
>> engineers to build relations within the network operator community.
>>
>> It is a pleasure to participate and I know that my staff and I
>> certainly look forward to meeting everyone as we begin attending local
>> networking events. If there is anything I can do for anyone in the
>> AusNOG community, please do not hesitate to ask.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> --
>> Jeffrey A. Lyon, CISSP-ISSMP
>> Fellow, Black Lotus Communications
>> mobile: (757) 304-0668 | gtalk: jeffrey.lyon at gmail.com | skype:
>> blacklotus.net

*The contents of this email are strictly private and confidential unless
otherwise noted and is intended for the marked recipients only. If you are
not a marked recipient please disregard and delete this email.*