[AusNOG] "The NBN" will run on copper for *ever*

Curtis Bayne curtis at bayne.com.au
Sat Jul 12 00:16:06 EST 2014

Without getting too political (as I am apt to do), there are a few
fundamental realities here:

1. The cost of replacing the copper last mile will probably be delayed
until the last possible moment.
2. Shannon and Hartley cannot be argued with when you have a
bandwidth-limited transmission medium.
3. Wholesale HFC is right for the wholesale picking and has like a LOT of
RF spectrum if you re-farm.

What does this mean? Hell, if I knew, I'd be making money, not posting.

Hope you're all having an awesome weekend :)

-Curtis