[AusNOG] Small DSLAM for restirement village

Andrew Cox andrew.cox at bigair.net.au
Thu Jul 10 15:42:17 EST 2014

Depends on the location / arrangement but yes:

Our Community Broadband division does a similar sort of install, our
primary deployments are Uni Student accomm and mining camps but we also do
Wifi as a Service for others on a free-to-access or pay-to-access model
too.
The standard aim for paid-access solutions is to provide a connection to
every room with a signup-to-online time of around 5 minutes using a captive
portal with a pppoe login for those using home routers etc.

There's a few other players that do similar but each has their own models
so it depends on what the property manager wants to get out of it and how
much involvement they want to have.

Message me off-list if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Andrew