[AusNOG] WIFI/Internet on Planes

Matt Palmer mpalmer at hezmatt.org
Tue Jul 8 14:49:13 EST 2014

On Tue, Jul 08, 2014 at 04:17:37AM +0000, Alex Samad - Yieldbroker wrote:
> I always find it interesting in medical centre where they have NO MOBILE
> signs every where, because they might interfere with the computers and all
> the workers have their mobile phones and use them in the business..

It's likely that your local medical centre just hasn't been bothered to take
the signs down.  They've been gone from hospitals for some years now...  I
visited a NICU daily for three months a couple of years ago, and there were
no signs there then.  You went outside to make or take a call, but the
nurses made it clear that was to avoid disturbing other people, not EMI.

If there's a part of a hospital with more devices (or more critical devices)
than a NICU, I don't want to know about it (or ever visit there).

- Matt