[AusNOG] AWS Direct Connect

Cameron Daniel cdaniel at nurve.com.au
Tue Jul 8 11:02:00 EST 2014

Hi Skeeve

Technically there isn't a huge difference, right now we're limited to
the partner port speeds but that restriction will be being lifted soon
for new circuits with an option to migrate old circuits to the new
model.

Provisioning automation and integration with AWS is the main functional
difference.

There are commercial implications around using a partner vs directly
connecting, especially if you run multiple environments within AWS.
These are some of the things that we are addressing in the new model,
more information will be available on that in the next few weeks

Cheers
Cameron
Megaport