[AusNOG] Should we be a LIR for our customers and get them PI (Was: another ipv6 Q)

Bryan Socha bryan at digitalocean.com
Thu Jul 3 17:30:30 EST 2014

Why not just tell apnic you made an error, you meant to get PI space so you
can allocate blocks to customer sites and find out what the process is to
convert it.    I can't see them saying no, you'll reduce your overhead and
you'll use the space as intended with /32+ for providers, /48 per site and
your customer has tons of /64s to use at each site.

To get another /32 you'll need to justify it and from this conversation it
sounds like you might have a problem proving your 80% in use.

Bryan Socha
Network Engineer
DigitalOcean