[AusNOG] another ipv6 Q

Robert Hudson hudrob at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 14:47:50 EST 2014

Hi Jeroen,

SAGE-AU applied to APNIC for the /32 range we were allocated for this
specific purpose.  We have been assured by APNIC and several others that
the block allows us to hand out completely portable /48 PI allocations to
be routed as members see fit.

At least 20 members are already doing this, and none of them have, to our
understanding, had any sort of issue in having the routing/advertising of
their allocations provisioned by their providers.

You mentioned getting PI space from an LIR - we are actually registered as
an LIR for this reason.

Regards,

Robert