[AusNOG] another ipv6 Q

Robert Hudson hudrob at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 13:41:42 EST 2014

> > So whats the min mask length.  So it I wanted to multihome would I be
> > okay with 1 /48 or will up streams take /49-64 ?
>
> /48 is the accepted minimum.

Which is why SAGE-AU settled on offering an IPv6 /48 to every member (and
yes, this does mean that as a business, if all you want is an IPv6 /48, you
can get a completely portable /48 allocation from SAGE-AU for $165 a year
instead of paying the APNIC membership fee if the member you pay for agrees
to utilise the allocation for your business purposes).

Regards,

Robert