[AusNOG] RFC7278 - "Extending an IPv6 /64 Prefix from a Third Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) Mobile Interface to a LAN Link"

Matt Perkins matt at spectrum.com.au
Thu Jul 3 08:16:19 EST 2014

I use z-wave home automation technology in my home. it's not IP but it's conceivable that a like ipv6 based technology will exist in the future. I currently have a addressable device in every power point socket ,every down light, every light switch , multiple temperature sensors throughout ,every blind , every door PIR's in every room, smoke detectors, water leak detectors and the aircon.

IPv4 has served us for 25ish years in the mainstream. what will we have in 2050. Thats without going into all the allocation systems and protocol rules besides.

I think the current recommendations are on target.

matt