[AusNOG] Thoughts about IP Transit

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at eintellegonetworks.com
Wed Jul 2 22:58:25 EST 2014

What I said was the traffic profile changes across the board during
different peak periods.  Residential peak periods are when kids get home
from school, and also when school holidays hit.

On a couple of the networks we manage, school holidays traffic can increase
usage by some 30-50% - which we see disappear once the (various) holidays.

If you look closely, private vs public school, you can actually see what
types have different impacts on the network - btw, Private school traffic
is about 5-10% above public, perhaps they have faster
connections/capabilities.. but that would be guessing.

...Skeeve

linkedin.com/in/skeeve

twitter.com/theispguy ; blog: www.theispguy.com

The Experts Who The Experts Call
Juniper - Cisco - Cloud - Consulting - IPv4 Brokering