[AusNOG] Layer 2 NextG Product

Andrew Yager andrew at rwts.com.au
Wed Jul 2 12:34:46 EST 2014

Hi,

Just double checking that no-one out there has managed to "convince"
Telstra to sell them a Layer 2 Next G product? ;)

How are other people using NextG services to extend their Layer 2 networks?
IPSec over NextG? Other? If this, what are people using as a head end
(successfully) for the tunnels?

Has anyone successfully transmitted routes using BGP etc in this method?

I know we tried this on our Optus 3G product and when it didn't work were
told that the Optus network won't route Layer 3 addresses other than the
pushed framed-ip to a given 3G SIM.

Realise this is a 50 million question scenario...

Thanks,
Andrew

--
*Andrew Yager, Managing Director*   *MACS (Snr) CP BCompSc MCP*
Real World Technology Solutions Pty Ltd - IT people you can trust