[AusNOG] ipv6, TID ADSL and SRX working

Mark Newton newton at atdot.dotat.org
Fri Jan 24 17:22:36 EST 2014

On Jan 24, 2014, at 4:45 PM, Ben Dale <bdale at comlinx.com.au> wrote:

> I suspect residential/sme internet CPE users are a rounding error on their balance sheet,

It shouldn’t matter.  A company which purports to show leadership by participating in standards bodies defining how all this stuff is supposed to work has no excuse for not having a working implementation after all these years.

There might have been excuses a decade ago; but not anymore.  With the increasing number of IPv6 networks on the internet now, this should all be business-as-usual, no ifs, buts, or maybes.

These vendors, who claim to be the experts in the field, are retarding the progress of the internet by failing to deliver the capabilities which end users and service providers need to get out of the IPv4 swamp.

And yet in every sales meeting they’ll describe themselves as your “partners.”  Yeah, good one.

Maddening.

  - mark