[AusNOG] ipv6, TID ADSL and SRX working

Mark Newton newton at atdot.dotat.org
Fri Jan 24 16:10:29 EST 2014

On Jan 24, 2014, at 9:33 AM, Ben Dale <bdale at comlinx.com.au> wrote:

> During the X46 beta, I convinced engineering to remove the constraint check that required IA-NA and IA-PD to be defined before the config would commit, so PD now works with Internode just fine.  Apparently Verizon(?)'s deployment doesn't have this issue and having IA-NA configured doesn't cause the massive re-transmit storm.

Netcomm just quietly ordered an Internode ADSL service for their lab and tested their firmware until it worked properly.  The first we heard about it was when a box containing hardware loaded with their beta software showed up on Matthew Moyle-Croft’s desk in a postpack one fine and sunny afternoon, which worked first time.

One wonders why a company like Juniper would spend several years dicking around with something that half-works instead of doing the same thing.  It’s been obvious that they’re almost-but-not-quite there for, what, going on three years now?

It’s 2014. Why is this still so hard?

  - mark