[AusNOG] Cisco 6500 redundant supervisor

Peter Tonoli peter at medstv.unimelb.edu.au
Tue Jan 21 12:40:18 EST 2014

Hi Dylan,

It *shouldn't*, but in rare cases, it can. There have been versions of IOS with known crashes of the running supervisor crashing when a 2nd sup has been installed - I've seen it happen once. I'd schedule the install out of hours.

The usual caveat applies with cards being installed incorrectly, too quickly / slowly.

Cheers,
Peter.