[AusNOG] RFC7094 - "Architectural Considerations of IP Anycast"

Mark ZZZ Smith markzzzsmith at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jan 20 21:20:27 EST 2014

Hi,

A new RFC was published today which might be of interest to people on this list:

RFC7094 - "Architectural Considerations of IP Anycast"
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7094

Although the title may sound a bit dry, it is a very comprehensive collection of information and references regarding the use of Anycast under both IPv4 and IPv6. Although I'd previously use anycast IP for DNS resolvers, when I reviewed it early in its development (2010 IIRC), I was surprised at how much thought, development and experimentation had actually gone on since the original idea.

HTH,
Mark.