[AusNOG] Megaport Suspends Accepting New Orders in PIPE DC's

John Glendenning glendenning.j at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 00:08:39 EST 2014

90% of the wholesale network aggregators I know of rely heavily on AAPT or
TPG on-net tails because they are dirt cheap.

I hope Telstra Wholesale and Optus Wholesale level the playing field or
reseller margin erosion here we come......

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 11:58 PM, Joshua D'Alton <joshua at railgun.com.au>wrote:

> Which strategy? securepay are a end-user provider not just a middleman.
>

> On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 11:40 PM, John Lindsay <johnslindsay at mac.com>wrote:
>
>> TPG aren't interested in your strategy. They're already in the end-game
>> where you are not a player. Find business partners who always act in your
>> interest and work with them. Failing that, force them to via contracts.
>>
>> John Lindsay
>>
>> On 14 Jan 2014, at 10:35 pm, Chris Ricks <chris.ricks at securepay.com.au>
>> wrote:
>>
>> From my company's persepctive, carrier diversity is a critical part of
>> network design (unless there simply isn't a means of achieving said
>> diversity).
>>
>> Policies such as the one TPG *appear* to be pushing (first Vocus and now
>> Megaport) would be a dealbreaker for us, and I know I'm not alone in that
>> thinking.
>>
>> - Chris
>>
>> On 14/01/2014 8:59 PM, Skeeve Stevens wrote:
>>
>> Of course they are going to launch a competing product, but they will
>> have fun delivering it to any DC they don't own.
>>
>>  If they push the issue with Megaport, then other DC's will probably do
>> the same right back at them... I think it is an extremely dumb move on
>> their behalf.
>>

>> ...Skeeve
>>
>>  *Skeeve Stevens - *eintellego Networks Pty Ltd
>>  skeeve at eintellegonetworks.com ; www.eintellegonetworks.com
>>
>> Phone: 1300 239 038; Cell +61 (0)414 753 383 ; skype://skeeve
>>
>> facebook.com/eintellegonetworks ; linkedin.com/in/skeeve
>>
>> twitter.com/theispguy ; blog: www.theispguy.com
>>

>>  The Experts Who The Experts Call
>>  Juniper - Cisco - Cloud - Consulting

>>> I suppose they could have a competing product to Megaport in the works,
>>> but
>>> if so, they've done themselves out of a few customers through their