[AusNOG] Global switch Level 4 Hard disk's

Matt Perkins matt at spectrum.com.au
Mon Jan 13 16:13:41 EST 2014

I can also confirm that the customers with cheaper hard SATA hard disks
seem to be seeing many more problems then the people with SAS. It's also
interesting that all the Supermicro Servers seem to be ok where the
effected servers were all Dell's Not sure I have enough servers to make
any case based on that But perhaps the layout of the drives of the
Supermicro's transfers less noise then the layout of the Dell's

All in all this does appear to be a Noise related issue as a result of
the alarm's and gas release.

Matt