[AusNOG] Hacked site reports boy to police | theage.com.au

Damian Guppy the.damo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 10:47:57 EST 2014

It is actually kind of scary how many web development firms websites are
vulnerable to SQL injections / remote function includes. These are the
people building many businesses websites, and they themselves cant even
secure their own systems. The worst offenders are those shops that only use
their own 'in house' CMS for whatever silly reason (they always produce
worse websites than a simple WordPress install with a couple addons, whats
the point then?).

Plus relying on prosecuting the hackers is false security anyway, even in
the rare circumstances that you do find the perpetrator, if you are a
private business you can prosecute all you want but it isn't going to save
your business if you just got owned like Distribute.IT did.

--Damian