[AusNOG] Speaking of DNS...

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Fri Feb 14 16:30:08 EST 2014

/.. 2/2 (christ I hate webmail hehe)

On 14/02/2014 15:20, Noel Butler wrote:

>> By the time you're resorting to broadcast on NZNOG/AusNOG/NANOG/etc
>> you've already demonstrated a problem.

> but not always where the problem is

when I first enacted ipv6, I swore black and blue one upstream was where
the problem was, because everything else worked fine with primary, same
config and all... turns out the problem (secondary)  network must be
configured differently, because me denying neighbour discovery packets
in fw was the real problem... even though denying it on primary network,
had no ill affect, but hey, I'm first to admit when I fsck up :)

IOW, what seemingly said to me, its someone else's problem, turned out
to be mine aferall.
very quick crash course in ipv6 them days...hard way hte only way to
learn :)