[AusNOG] Speaking of DNS...

Simon Lyall simon at darkmere.gen.nz
Fri Feb 14 09:20:39 EST 2014

On Fri, 14 Feb 2014, Noel Butler wrote:
> What? Are you suggesting a companies support team, support someone else's
> customer?
> (you don't work for micro$oft do you hah)
>
> I think the case of 'your not a user, sorry cant help' is fair ... of course
> it could be simplified -
>
> ISP: username please
> YOU: im not your customer but I expect your help
> ISP: sure mate, no problems, whats your CC details
> YOU: xxxxxx
> ISP: please hold
> ..
> ISP: No problems mate, we charged you $35 bux so you have my undivided
> attention for next 15 mins
>
> :)

ISP: username please?
You: luser1
ISP: How can I help you Mr Luser?
YOU: I am having trouble getting to www.somesite.com and I talked to them
      and they said all $ISP's customers are broken and to tell you that
      you ENS server is broken and the mackrels need to be flushed.
ISP: I see sir, hmm, can you please tell me, are you using a Windows
      machine or a Mac?

--
Simon Lyall  |  Very Busy  |  Web: http://www.darkmere.gen.nz/
"To stay awake all night adds a day to your life" - Stilgar | eMT.