[AusNOG] Speaking of DNS...

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Fri Feb 14 09:02:50 EST 2014

On 14/02/2014 07:30, Mark Foster wrote:

> This of course also means that support teams need to be prepared to
> provide technical support without the 'sorry, you havn't given me a
> valid username, so you're not my customer, goodbye' that I have
> experienced before. :/

What? Are you suggesting a companies support team, support someone
else's customer?
(you don't work for micro$oft do you hah)

I think the case of 'your not a user, sorry cant help' is fair ... of
course it could be simplified -

ISP: username please
YOU: im not your customer but I expect your help
ISP: sure mate, no problems, whats your CC details
YOU: xxxxxx
ISP: please hold
..
ISP: No problems mate, we charged you $35 bux so you have my undivided
attention for next 15 mins

:)

(ie: someone has to pay for that time when they could be dealing with
ISP's own paying custs)