[AusNOG] DNS stuff-up

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Wed Feb 12 18:23:11 EST 2014

The last time I let a network engineer modify bind configs, I had to
almost entirely rewrite the bloody thing.

networking and sysadmining go hand in hand, something a few people,
including some recent newbies to this list, seem to forget, end users
require both segments to function well, if I turn off my DNS servers or
radius, end users wont be doing much, and your nice spoofy 10GB network
will be pretty empty soon enough, likewise if you turn off your routers,
my DNS servers wont be of any use to the end users

bout time some on here woke up and realised this, rather than bitching
and polluting this list with even more off topic BS (yew, just like I
too am doing right now ;P) everytime a subject comes up they dont think
should be here.

That completes my participation in this off topic thread, I am more than
happy to contrinue till the cows come home in private though, but i
suspect the chest beaters wont get any brownie points so few would
bother

nite :)