[AusNOG] NTP reflection used for world's largest DDoS

Damian Guppy the.damo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 18:44:22 EST 2014

So i just did a quick skim of that ITnew article and my god is that a
horrible piece of journalism.

>US-based DDoS protection outfit CloudFlare, which is hosted on Amazon Web
Services

Huh, since when did AWS offer Juniper Routers As A Service [1]

>Denial of security protection vendor Black Lotus

Denial Of Security is a new term for me, i wonder if they meant Denial of
Service

>security experts urge administrators to correct web configuration errors
squashing the attack vector.

Not as bad, but in my books NTP is not part of the set of services that
define the 'web'

/rant

--Damian

[1] http://blog.cloudflare.com/todays-outage-post-mortem-82515