[AusNOG] NTP reflection used for world's largest DDoS

Joshua D'Alton joshua at railgun.com.au
Tue Feb 11 17:47:01 EST 2014

Though, 7 x 1Gbps full linerate servers with a provider who won't complain
about the usage would only cost about $2000AUD per month.

A lot of these larger more powerful attacks are a lot more clever than
simple mass botnet attacks, such is the arms race we're facing (and losing
mostly thanks to unpatched holes like OP).