[AusNOG] Pokethernet cable tester

Matt Perkins matt at spectrum.com.au
Sun Feb 2 12:41:16 EST 2014

I have never seen an approved multi meter but my avo8 is from the PMG days so that could by why event my newish fluke shows no sign of a tick.

In any case this equipment seems more suited to data cabling then PSTN work.

I will make a call to my registra  on Monday and ask the question but I would say its fine.

It's not a   component of structured cabling or even if you use it on PSTN (can't  see why you would) it doesn't serve part of block cabling.

He'll if you were really paranoid isolate the other end of the cable before you used it .

--
/* Matt Perkins
       Direct 1300 137 379     Spectrum Networks Ptd. Ltd.
       Office 1300 133 299     matt at spectrum.com.au
       Fax    1300 133 255     Level 6, 350 George Street Sydney 2000
      SIP 1300137379 at sip.spectrum.com.au
       Google Talk MattAPerkins at gmail.com
       PGP/GNUPG Public Key can be found at  http://pgp.mit.edu
*/