[AusNOG] AFOP Belden SC-SC Connectors

PRK ausnog at digitaljunkie.net
Wed Dec 31 11:56:30 EST 2014

Hi all,

This is possibly a bit of a weird one.

One of the D/Cs I do work in, has some old patch panels (Belden IBDN).
They're at least 5 years old, possibly in the order of 10+ years old.

The patch panels look like they're for RJ45 connectors, but then use
AFOP connectors with a white casing on them, which turns them into fibre
patch panels (picture of two MM connectors attached [the SM connectors
are blue in the white casing]).

Anyone else come across these before and know where to source more of
them (the MM ones, in particular)?

Due to various constraints, I'd prefer to use the existing patch panels
rather than replace or add new patching panels to the relevant racks.

I'm trying AFOP & Belden as well, but figured someone here may have
experienced them before and be able to short cut the process, or have a
bag of them somewhere they don't need.

Ta,

prk.