[AusNOG] What's in your bag

Ian Henderson ianh at ianh.net.au
Mon Dec 29 12:08:17 EST 2014

I have one of these: https://www.kincrome.com.au/product/51019/safe-case-extra-large. Best thing about this case is its got a telescoping handle (like a suitcase). Its heavy, but not unwieldy. Usually lives next to my desk in the office, but take it on every trip just in case (even if I’m only *supposed* to be in an office).

Stuff I’ve got that hasn’t already been mentioned by others:

OpenGear 5004G console server with static IP’ed 3G SIM
Printed PTW paperwork for various sites
Print out of console server 3G IPs/PSTN numbers
Lip balm - data centres and planes are dry
Qantas RFID puck
Brady BMP21 labeller and a bunch of spare tapes
Roll of Velcro
Business cards
Tape measure
USB sticks that contain enough IOS/JunOS/etc images to rebuild just about everything

I’m really looking forward to adding Pockethernet (thanks Andrew!).

Rgds,

- I.