[AusNOG] What's in your bag

Matt Taylor matt at mty.net.au
Mon Dec 29 11:01:52 EST 2014

Usual contents of my bag is this:

Trusty MBP and USB to Ethernet (thanks Apple, for the 2 display ports).
DC access passes.
IEC-C14 to 3 pin-aus (the most useful forgotten about thing ever).
USB to Serial + rollover cable and DB9 cable.
USB battery charger pack.
Mechanical pencil + refills (you would be surprised where this has come
in useful).

I keep these in my car, just saves me carrying them in my bag:
Ethernet cables (usually 3 or 4).
IEC-C13 to C14 cables (usually 1 or 2).
Jumper cables (We've had a flat van battery once doing a DC move, after
we loaded it up with servers.. that was a rather interesting situation!).
Socket set.
Screwdriver set + Allen/hex keys.
Pens.

Over the last 4 years, I can say I have used all of the above during
various on-call situations, or just general work situations too.

Cheers,
Matt.