[AusNOG] What's in your bag

Stephen Gillies max at caretandstick.com.au
Mon Dec 29 10:51:40 EST 2014

I usually have an overnight bag when I travel interstate so no change of
cloths for me but in my every day kit bag I carry

macbook, MBP power supply, usb-serial adapter + cable, USB battery pack
(thanks A10 Networks) and

dovado (or similar) wifi access point and 4G dongle
corded ear plug style headphones with mic for conf calls on the go (the
Sennheiser OCX 685i at the moment)
a bunch of light USB drives (verbatim did a range of flat 16Gb drives
which are awesome)
long cable micro usb, kogan GPO to USB adapter, 30cm yellow ethernet (hey!
that cable is mine!)
VGA to thunderbolt cable and ethernet to thunderbolt
red/green/blue/black whiteboard markers
ipod touch 5th gen which I use as a remote pointer and timer, presentation
music and preso backup

I¹m lugging around a Crumpler 7 million dollar home at the moment
http://www.crumpler.com/au/7-million-dollar-home

My <4 days bag is a wheel-a-board Antler Juno. Several items live in the
bag regardless of where I¹m going - a spare USB/power charger, spare
microUSB, complete toiletries bag including electric shaver and travel
power cable, boardies, micro towel (kathmandu on special!), goggles and a
spare set of cheapo sunnies.

MAx

Stephen Œmax¹ Gillies
M: 0409 245 888   |   AU: 02 8188 0383   |   NZ: 09 888 1001