[AusNOG] Work experience in networking/telecoms/DCs? Getting my foot in the door?

Blair Beckers blairbeckers at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 21:01:48 EST 2014

Create/contribute to (multiple) open source projects and actively
participate in it with any spare time you have.
Create a blog and share information on collaboration sites (stackoverflow);
make a name for yourself.
Go to conferences and events (even volunteer if you can't afford it) and
meet people as well as participate in discussions/panels.
Get a job anywhere in any field. Don't be idle while you find your dream
job.