[AusNOG] Work experience in networking/telecoms/DCs? Getting my foot in the door?

Paul Wallace paul.wallace at mtgi.com.au
Mon Dec 22 23:13:10 EST 2014

No ... it's simply about the need for the employer to gain a return on investment.

If that's not possible then people don't get hired.

In Australia the first people to NOT get hired are unfortunately the very young because the min wage is unsustainable.

Therefore if you're interested in making life easier on yourselves and your peers then ... over 35' with experience vote left ... and if you're under 35 vote conservative

It's fortunate for unskilled, inexperienced 18 year old Australians to enjoy the highest labour rates in the OECD ... unless they can't ever get a job of course! Sad I'd say!

Don't blame GenY kids ... blame the people that set the landscape of expectation.

:-)

Sent from my iPhone