[AusNOG] preferencing Own Hosted Mirror Repo's

Nathan Collins n.collins at uber.com.au
Sat Dec 20 21:38:36 EST 2014

I've had the same issue, I solved it by using the yum fastest mirrors plugin to preference mirrors with a specific keyword in the URL.  This meant my own mirrors were always used without specifying any repo config.

Unfortunately for implementation it requires editing the config on each server.  Perhaps it's a good time to look at a configuration management tool such as Puppet.

Sent from my Windows Phone