[AusNOG] preferencing Own Hosted Mirror Repo's

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Sat Dec 20 21:30:06 EST 2014

This is more of a server question so you may not get great answers, but a few hacks that might work would be to add static DNS records from the mirror list to your recursors, to always push to your repo server (very messy) , or as you said change the repo configuration on each server. I believe this is where management tools like puppet come in handy.

On 20 December 2014 9:22:53 pm LHDT, Daniel <daniel at dwatson.me> wrote:
>Gday Guys
>

>Got an interesting topic to some,
>

>We operate and maintain a few mirror's for different software such as
>CentOS, OpenVZ, EPEL ect
>

>However when we run yum updates and such, our local mirror's "even tho
>are
>already listed in the mirror lists" are not selected as the closest,
>

>I was wondering if anybody has a genius way of resolving this?  The
>only way
>I know of, would be having to edit each repo file and changing the
>baseurl
>line, and disabling the mirrorlist line,
>

>However having a few hundred servers, this would be very difficult and
>time
>consuming
>

>I was wondering if anybody has an outcome for this if they have
>attempted
>this in the past
>

>Feel free to PM me if you don't quite understand or value more
>information
>

>Regards
>

>Daniel

Sent from my Android device with Pigeon.