[AusNOG] FirstPath Announcement - Residential End User Superfast Services

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at eintellegonetworks.com
Wed Dec 17 14:34:24 EST 2014

Hi all,

In another excellent announcement for the ISP/wholesale/tier2,3,4 industry,
FirstPath has branched out into Residential buildings.

I'm rather excited by the FirstPath, Opticomm, TPG (coming), NBNCo DOCSIS
options that are coming to the wholesale space... I think these carriers
are going to enable smaller boutique providers (as well as the larger) to
compete and offer great services to residential customers.

I congratulate FirstPath in this announcement and looking forward to
trailing their products and onboarding process in the next couple of
weeks... I will report to all how it goes.

...Skeeve

-----ANNOUNCEMENT-----

the Minster yesterday,FirstPath is pleased to announce our “Residential End
User Superfast Services” from the 1 January 2015.
------------------------------

   - 20 POI's nationally in Telco Neutral DC’s (rather than 121 NBN POI’s)
   - Lower costs and more options for resellers to connect
   - Optional FirstPath backhaul meaning only one POI per State or
   Territory initially required
   - Easy migration between business & residential services as end users
   needs change
   - Pilot sites have been very successful
   - 1 month contract duration option allowing true 4G and wireless compete
   - “Parking” of services allowed
   - Over 140 resellers already connected
   - Over 200,000 residential end users within 1 km, roadmap to be
   published early 2015
   - Other features still to be announced

As one of the few carriers that is already compliant with the CLC this new
offering is designed to give more ISP’s the ability to compete and deliver
residential services with the FirstPath network.
http://www.firstpath.com.au/docs/default-source/media-releases/firstpathpressrelease-clcdecember_2014.pdf?sfvrsn=2

...Skeeve

linkedin.com/in/skeeve

twitter.com/theispguy ; blog: www.theispguy.com

The Experts Who The Experts Call
Juniper - Cisco - Cumulus Linux - Cloud - Consulting - IPv4 Brokering