[AusNOG] Transit Provider Pairings

Mark Newton newton at atdot.dotat.org
Fri Dec 12 22:06:49 EST 2014

I'd be asking:

1. Why do you want a Go4 provider?

And:

2. Why do you want a 50/50 split?

I suspect you'll find business outcomes by using someone like Vocus or NTT for international transit, peering with your largest domestic sources of demand, and turning down as much Go4 capacity as you can.

This isn't a young industry anymore. There is decades of history to show that small service providers who tie themselves to a dependence on the oligopoly don't tend to do very well.

   - mark

--
Tiny screen, imaginary keyboard.