[AusNOG] List Charter - Was Re: Glovine Servers OFFLINE!

Mark ZZZ Smith markzzzsmith at yahoo.com.au
Thu Dec 11 09:43:20 EST 2014

----- Original Message -----

It is the AusNOG charter, and therefore *our* charter, not just the moderators'. The moderators aren't the parents, and everybody else aren't children to be disciplined when they misbehave.

> Particularly this section:
>
>>  If the abuser(s) does not cease, their list subscription will be set
>>  to moderated mode, requiring all future posts to be moderator
>>  approved. Further inappropriate activity may result in the list
>>  member being removed.
>
> I consider the moderators to be not doing their job at this present time.
>
> The permabanhammer *needs* to be brought out.

That sounds like a gamers forum attitude - "I'll try it on until I don't get away with it."

This is intended to be a professional forum. Professional decorum is expected. There shouldn't actually be a need at all for moderation, and before the list's existence made it into the main stream press there wasn't.