[AusNOG] SEA-ME-WE 3 cut again

Nick Stallman nick at agentpoint.com
Tue Dec 2 11:42:25 EST 2014

Wasn't the last cut's delay due to the repair boat not being able to
enter Indonesian waters?
ITNews seems to think that won't be an issue any more and it should be
repaired by 6pm Perth time.

On 02/12/14 11:36, Phill Proud wrote:
> Given the fault location it's hard to imagine it being repaired much
> faster than the last cut.
>
> Phill
>
> On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 1:10 AM, Eric Appelboom <eappelboom at gmail.com
> <mailto:eappelboom at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     Hi, FYI
>
>     SEA-ME-WE 3 was cut again this Sunday.
>     Were seeing double the roundtrip that we saw when compared the the
>     outage last year July which took eight weeks to repair.
>
>     Eric
>
>      ---snip
>     As spoke over the phone, the increased in latency or RTD is
>     related to submarie cable fault [SMW3 S3.3(Perth - BU)]. Path
>     between Korea and Australia has been changed to traversing KR <>
>     JP <> AU/Sydney <> AU/Perth, thus additional delay is expected.
>
>     The fault has been detected on 11/30 0339 UTC and is located at
>     about 1155 km from Singapre TUAS cable station near tha Jakarta
>     branching unit. Cable repair schedule is to be advised once available.

Nick Stallman
Agentpoint Pty Ltd
The Real Estate Web Developers
Melbourne | Sydney | Miami
nick at agentpoint.com
www.agentpoint.com.au | www.zooproperty.com | www.ginga.com.au |
www.business2.com.au

Business2.com.au is a real estate agent information website that helps
you understand Portals, Technology and comes with FREE tools to help
your Agency become an online success!