[AusNOG] Checking peering

Ross Cheetham ross at crucial.com.au
Thu Aug 28 17:38:37 EST 2014

Hey Luke,

Be very interested to see how you find this tool. Was talking with these
guys when they were still beta, but never got a chance to have a trial /
play.

Cheers,
Ross

On 28 August 2014 12:25, Luke Iggleden <luke+ausnog at sisgroup.com.au> wrote:

> I was pointed to this a couple of weeks ago. going to give it a trial.
>
> http://www.noction.com/
>

> On 28/08/2014 12:14 pm, Richard Ham AusNOG wrote:
>
>> Hi Alex,
>>
>> I haven't got any new or unheard-of solutions here so will be watching
>> replies too - I use smokeping to alert, however have been trying to figure
>> out how to use conditional advertisements on Ciscos to withdraw routes to
>> peers that are not behaving. I've run into obstacles since I don't receive
>> global tables from most of my peers and I've messed around with using
>> scripts initiated by smokeping to withdraw and re-insert BGP advertisement
>> based on packet loss, however that's purely experimental and I've since
>> junked the attempt as a bad/error-prone idea.
>>
>> With Regards,
>>
>> Richard

[image: Crucial Cloud Hosting]

Ross Cheetham / System Operations Manager

/ ross at crucial.com.au

Crucial Cloud Hosting Office: 1300 884 839

Suite 1, Level 3, 104-106 Commonwealth St, Surry Hills NSW 2010

http://www.crucial.com.au

[image: Facebook] <http://www.crucial.com.au/> [image: Twitter] [image:
Google Plus] [image: Linkedin]

This e-mail message may contain confidential or legally privileged
information and is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s).
Any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or the
taking of any action in reliance on the information herein is prohibited.
E-mails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they
can be intercepted, amended, or contain viruses. Anyone who communicates
with us by e-mail is deemed to have accepted these risks. Company Name is
not responsible for errors or omissions in this message and denies any
responsibility for any damage arising from the use of e-mail. Any opinion
and other statement contained in this message and any attachment are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.