[AusNOG] CloudFlare: The Relative Cost of Bandwidth Around the World

Ben Grubb bgrubb at fairfaxmedia.com.au
Wed Aug 27 00:01:17 EST 2014

Is it time that interconnection be regulated? Clearly CloudFlare shows
Australia up as horrible place for start-ups and content players when you
have to pay what is effectively a "Telstra tax" to service 50% of the
market (Telstra's customers) with a satisfactory experience that then
drives up the cost of your product for your customers.

Time for ACCC intervention?

Regards,
Ben Grubb