[AusNOG] CloudFlare: The Relative Cost of Bandwidth Around the World

James Andrewartha trs80 at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Aug 26 23:30:49 EST 2014

http://blog.cloudflare.com/the-relative-cost-of-bandwidth-around-the-world
via https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=8226654

"Australia is the most expensive region in which we operate, but for an
interesting reason. We peer with virtually every ISP in the region except
one: Telstra. Telstra, which controls approximately 50% of the market, and
was traditionally the monopoly telecom provider, charges some of the
highest transit pricing in the world — 20x the benchmark ($200/Mbps)."

Not quite news, but it's still interesting to see the relative numbers.

# UCC Wheel Member     http://trs80.ucc.asn.au/ #|  what squirrels do best     |